[Posted on December 11th, 2013 by Dr. Carlos Puig]
There are many are places to go and many options to choose from when it comes to hair replacement in Houston. In order to make sure that the surgeon that you choose is credible, ask whether or not he or she is willing to offer you a consultation. Surgeons who offer consultations are likely the credible ones and consultations will generally cost nothing for you.
While in the consultation with the doctor of your choice, you can choose which type of payment options work best for you for hair replacement in Houston procedures. There are many to choose from depending on how your insurance is set up and what your financial situation is. It is also a good decision to have multiple consultations with a number of surgeons in the Houston area before making your final decision in order to compare prices and see who offers the best quality service.
It is important to partake in some online and offline research about the surgeons that you decide to have consultations with. This will help you find out who would be the best to perform certain procedures such as follicular unit extraction and hair replacement in Houston procedures for you. Some of the best and most credit hair replacement surgeons will probably have thousands of procedures already under their belt and are part of multiple national and international societies and organizations related to the field of hair replacement.
Both men and women are able to undergo hair replacement procedures. Besides being able to learn more during private consultations, make sure to also check out the websites of the following organizations in order to find out more about hair replacement procedures:
1. Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
2. American Hair Loss Association
These organizations have many articles and informational databases that can help you make the best decision for you when you decide to undergo hair replacement in Houston. Just remember that performing any type of surgery will have a lasting effect on your body and it is extremely important to understand every detail of what will happen and how it will affect you in the future before going along with a procedure.
To recap, make sure the following advice is followed:
1. Shop around for the best surgeons just like you would shop around for the best quality items in a mall.
2. Go through with multiple private consultations with these surgeons, which are typically free or low cost.
3. Grab all the brochures and pamphlets you can find online, offline, and at the consultations in order to be well-informed when you finally make your decisions.
4. Ensure that such a procedure is well within your budget or that your insurance company will cover it.
5. Read up on articles and forums from trusted organizations with online websites on hair replacement in Houston procedures.
6. Ask friends or people you know who have already gone through similar procedures and if they felt it was worth it and any other details you would want to know.
As with making any decisions, it is always best to be a well-informed consumer.